We did not have Science this week because we were preparing for the End of Quarter Benchmark Test, called MUST (Mandatory Unit System Test).
The MUST Assessment covered everything we've covered in school this year. Most of the students were really focused and trying very hard. That took place on Thursday. This week, we covered Coordinate Grid and Absolute Value.
Health Projects were due this week. Because today was a two-hour early dismissal, a number of students did not show up. Therefore, they did not turn in their projects. This has affected their Health Grade. Projects can not be turned in on Wednesday, when we return, because it will be 2nd Quarter.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Week of October 13, 2013
- Converted Fractions to Decimals
- Completed Edmodo Assignments in the Computer Lab
- Snap Shot
- PARCC Practice Test
- Re-took the Nature of Science and Technology Post-Test
- Electricity and Magnetism Post-Test
- Collected Nature of Science and Technology Textbooks
- Distributed Electricity and Magnetism Textbook
- Review the requirements for the current Health Project
- Completed Edmodo Assignments
- Cholesterol - Video
- Cholesterol Quiz
- Self-Concept Quiz
- Explained how to create a healthy meal plan using the Food Plate
- Due Dates for Health Project
- Project Introduced 10/9/14
- Parent Signature Required 10/10/14
- Table Due 10/16/14
- Index Cards Due 10/24/14
- Poster Due 10/31/14
- You can find the Health Project on my website under Health and Handouts and on School Notes under Downloads
Friday, October 10, 2014
- We converted decimals to fractions.
- Some students had difficulty simplifying fractions.
- We took a Science Post Test (Nature of Science and Technology)
- There will a Pre-Test on Monday, October 13, 2014
- We completed Unit 1
- I will be collecting Nature of Science and Technology textbooks and distributing Electricity and Magnetism textbooks.
- I introduced our first Health Project.
- We identified Nutrients in our Foods.
- We began Unit 3. (We skipped Unit 2, Family Life. It will take place at the end of the school year.)
- There are a couple of assignments in Edmodo that need to be completed by October 31, 2014.